This site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://endpoliticsasusual.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hillary Blames Little Girl for Lies About Bosnia Trip

The level of suspension of disbelief that is required in order to believe what Hillary is saying about her Bosnian trip is unparalleled in the Clinton universe. And that's saying a lot.

Hillary now tells the editorial board of a Philadelphia newspaper, of whom she is seeking an endorsement, that she "misspoke" when recounting her trip to Bosnia the other day. From CNN:

"Clinton told the paper's editorial board it was a 'minor blip.'

'I say a lot of things -- millions of words a day -- so if I misspoke, that was just a misstatement,' she said."

She does say a lot of things a day, especially while standing in front of American flags, giving a foreign policy speech trying to bolster her credentials. Can we blame her if she accidentally over zealously describes a landing in Bosnia not at all grounded in reality?

In that speech Clinton said:

"I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

Video shows her sauntering off the plane, meeting with dignitaries, and talking to an 8-year-old girl, whom she's now throwing under the bus. From CNN:

"Now let me tell you what I can remember, OK -- because what I was told was that we had to land a certain way and move quickly because of the threat of sniper fire. So I misspoke -- I didn't say that in my book or other times but if I said something that made it seem as though there was actual fire -- that's not what I was told,"

"I was told we had to land a certain way, we had to have our bulletproof stuff on because of the threat of sniper fire. I was also told that the greeting ceremony had been moved away from the tarmac but that there was this 8-year-old girl and, I can't, I can't rush by her, I've got to at least greet her -- so I greeted her, I took her stuff and then I left. Now that's my memory of it."


So Hillary risked life and limb to not be rude to an 8-year-old WHO WAS STANDING ON A SNIPER INFESTED TARMAC WAITING FOR HER!! Come on!! Nice of her to keep Chelsea standing out there with her while they dodged bullets waiting for the little girl to finish her damn poem.

Anyone who wants 8 years of this crap, go ahead and vote for Hillary. It's not the first and it won't be the last time we hear her "misspeak" about something.

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: