This site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://endpoliticsasusual.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Obama Expands on Race Speech

From Nightline's Interview with Obama:

"You could see race bubbling up in a way that was distracting from the issues that I think are so important to America right now," said Obama. "So what I wanted to do was to, rather than try to tamp it down, lift it up and see if maybe that would help clarify where we are as a nation right now on the issues.

This is a big leap for the country. Even me being the nominee is a big leap and then, obviously, actually being the president is a big leap. And, you know, what I want to do is to make sure that we understand that my campaign is not premised on that, it's not premised on making history, but that, whoever is president, this is always going to be an ongoing issue that we have to struggle with and that, perhaps, I can lend some special insight into it."

You can read the rest here.

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: