This site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://endpoliticsasusual.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Obama: "I'm running for President"

The Two-Headed Monster HillBilly is once again courting the notion of an Obama-Hillary "dream ticket." CNN reports Bill Clinton, in Mississippi today, said that a ticket with Hillary and Obama on it would be unstoppable. He reiterated Hillary was open to the notion. I'm sure she is. Of course, Bill was courting the black vote when he made the comments in Mississippi. At the same time, CNN says, Hillary's campaign was attacking Obama for failing to "deliver on his promises." (Don't forget her belief that he's less prepared to lead than John McCain).

How exactly would that ticket work?

Debate Moderator: "Senator Clinton, you yourself said Mr. Obama was less prepared to lead than Senator John McCain. Why do you now believe that he is the best man for the job?"

Hillary: "Well, you know, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and I was making the best decision I could with the information that was given to me at the time. Obviously, now that, you know, hindsight, well, the best thing we can do is to move forward from here. I have always said that I'm an admirer of Senator Obama's."

Moderator: "But, you ran that phone ad, the one that kept ringing at 3am, and you repeatedly said he didn't have the experience you or Senator McCain did."

Hillary: "You know, I always seem to get the tough questions. Has any one else noticed that? That's okay. I like getting those, I can handle it."

Moderator: "Are you going to answer the question?"

Hillary: "Yes."

Moderator: "About Senator Obama not being prepared to run the country?"

Hillary: "You know, I'm a great admirer of Senator Obama's. I think that speaks for itself and I'm not going to get into, you know, hindsight, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and I was making the best decision I could with the information that was given to me at the time."

Moderator: "I'm never going to get a straight answer am I?"

Hillary: "No."

CNN reports that Obama said: "You won't see me as a vice presidential candidate, you know, I'm running for president."

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: