This site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://endpoliticsasusual.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Carter Basically Endorses Obama

From CNN:

"Former President Jimmy Carter all but said Wednesday he plans to cast his superdelegate vote for Barack Obama.

Speaking with a Nigerian paper while in Abuja, Carter noted several reasons why he might be leaning toward the Illinois senator.

'Don’t forget that Obama won in my state of Georgia,' Carter said. 'My town, which is home to 625 people, is for Obama, my children and their spouses are pro-Obama. My grandchildren are also pro-Obama.'

'As a superdelegate, I would not disclose who I am rooting for but I leave you to make that guess,' Carter added.

The Carter Center confirmed to CNN the newspaper did quote Carter accurately."

So Obama has Carter, and Hillary has Mondale's endorsement. I guess it's better to have a former President pick your side than a former nominee.

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: