This site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://endpoliticsasusual.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 30, 2008

More Empty Promises to Move from Hollywood Stars

Remember when Alec Baldwin promised, er, threatened to move to Canada if President Bush was elected in 2000? (Nice of him to commute every week to film 30 Rock. What, he didn't move? Shocking.) Well, Susan Sarandon is resurrecting the lame idea for this year's Presidential race.

Louise is now saying she's going to move to Italy or Canada if John McCain gets elected. She says, "It's a critical time, but I have faith in the American people." In other words, I'm not packing up my things.

Why don't they ever threaten to move somewhere like North Korea or China? Oh, the pain of having to live on the Italian Riviera! What a sacrifice she'd be making.

You may think Susan is a Hillary supporter, but it turns out Hillary's not her Thelma. Obama is. She says, "I thought the whole point of feminism is that you're not supposed to be defined by gender. I don't understand the reasoning behind that, because I wouldn't vote for Condoleezza Rice, and I hated Margaret Thatcher."

I think that's the only time in my life I've ever agreed with Susan Sarandon. However, she does almost makes me not like Obama just by her endorsement alone. Does anyone really believe she'll move? Not likely.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus