This site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://endpoliticsasusual.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

New McCain Ad: "Energy Security - Putting Country First"



I really need to get over being impressed with the presentation of these John McCain ads. However, I wonder if people will miss the message and just see the pretty pictures.

His latest ad once again ties our energy crisis to National Security. He's figured out that the economy is the number one issue and the only way that he can look like a candidate that's better able to handle it than Barack Obama is to make it about our national security. That's clearly McCain's strength, and the ad tries to remind us of that by labeling his policy on energy, "Energy Security."

He ends with the tag line, "Putting Country First - McCain" I think that's an interesting and not altogether bad slogan, but one that doesn't translate to much more than a patriotic sentiment.

I have also noticed that most of the new ads for McCain don't have any sound from him. They even wait quite a few beats before having him intone, "I'm John McCain and I approved this message." I think they've figured out that their candidate will never be as slick or cool as Obama so they're trying to make up for it with their campaign ads.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus