This site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://endpoliticsasusual.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Odd Couple Hits the Campaign Trail

Obama says he and Hills will be campaigning together next week. According to the AP:

Obama's campaign said in a brief e-mail that said the two senators and former opponents will campaign together for the first time on Friday, June 27, and more details would be forthcoming.

They're also getting together the night before, on the 26th, to meet with Hillary's fundraisers. Obama's trying to smooth the ruffled feathers and squeeze some cash out of her supporters. Hillary looks like she's playing along and hoping to help. We'll see how long that lasts.

It reminds me of the movie the Odd Couple. My favorite line, and one which I could see Obama saying to Hillary is this one uttered by Oscar (Obama) to Felix:

I can't take it anymore, Felix, I'm cracking up. Everything you do irritates me. And when you're not here, the things I know you're gonna do when you come in irritate me. You leave me little notes on my pillow. Told you 158 times I can't stand little notes on my pillow. "We're all out of cornflakes. F.U." Took me three hours to figure out F.U. was Felix Ungar!

Only I think in Hillary's case the F-U would mean something different.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus