This site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://endpoliticsasusual.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Video: Barack Obama Talks of Faith

Barack Obama spoke to the AME conference today reiterating his intent to make faith based programs a main part of his Presidency.

According to the Washington Post, Obama promised to:

make "faith-based" social service "a moral center of my administration."

"In my own life, " he said, "it's been a journey that began decades ago on the South Side of Chicago, when, working as a community organizer, helping to build struggling neighborhoods, I let Jesus Christ into my life. I learned that my sins could be redeemed and that if I placed my trust in Christ, that he could set me on the path to eternal life when I submitted myself to his will and I dedicated myself to discovering his truth and carrying out his works."

Earlier this week, Obama chastised President Bush for not doing enough with his faith-based office.

Update:

Here's video of the speech:

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus