This site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://endpoliticsasusual.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Edwards Changes Mind, Will Consider VP

In a sharp reversal from his earlier statements, John Edwards now says if he's asked he would "seriously consider" becoming Barack Obama's Vice President. Back in May, Edwards said the Vice Presidency was not something he in which he was interested. Now, according to CNN, Edwards says, "I would do anything that I felt I could do to serve this country but I think it’s a huge presumption for me or anybody else to suggest what Senator Obama may decide."

“To answer your question directly: I don’t expect to be asked, have no expectation about it at all, I will – anything that Senator Obama asks me to do, including this, including campaigning for him, I intend to do, because what I’m going to do, I intend to take seriously,” he added. “What I intend to do is everything in my power, use everything in my power to make sure that he’s the next president.”

Pressed on whether that meant he might join the ticket if asked, Edwards would not rule it out. “I am prepared to seriously consider anything, anything he asks me to do for our country,” he told NPR.

Edwards and Obama are a pretty good ticket, but I still think Sebelius is the way to go. To state the obvious, a chance to elect the first Black President and the first Female Vice President is an unbeatable ticket.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus