This site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://endpoliticsasusual.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Daily Show: Real America vs. Fake America

I think it's safe to say Jon Stewart was personally offended when Sarah Palin said she liked visiting the "pro-America" parts of the country (see his big "F*** You" to Palin). I think it has a little something to do with being the epicenter of the 9/11 attacks....

This is the first time I've heard the audio of Palin's "pro-America" remarks.

Make sure to take the quiz, are you a real American or a Fake American?, that's contained in the second video.



Stewart on Palin's comments:

What the Pf***? So if small towns are real America, that would make big cities like Washington DC and New York City the capitals of fake America. The epicenter of fake America. The, oh what's the word I'm looking for, the ground zero, if you will, of anti-America. I bet Bin Laden feels like a real asshole now. 'What, I bombed the wrong America? That's it. I'm going into hiding. I'm too embarrassed.'

I guess if you're from New York City and you signed up to fight in Iraq and died, it doesn't count.

Stewart on Rep. Bachmann's comments that Congress should be investigated to see whose anti-American (she's from Minnesota, McCarthy was from Wisconsin):

I think the only thing that could help the country now is if some Midwestern congressperson could form some type of subcommittee that could help us determine if these un-Americans are participating in any activities.



Update: Forgot to include this video earlier.
Stewart goes one further and sends Jason Jones back to Wasilla where he encounters residents who think the 9/11 attacks happened to them, and "just the devastation" happened in New York. Plus, if Palin is like the current Mayor of Wasilla, whom Jones interviews, God help us all.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus