This site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://endpoliticsasusual.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Jeez.... Hillary? Really? For Secretary of State?

This choice, if true, just makes my stomach hurt. I can't quite put my finger on what bothers me so much but it has something to do with Bill flying around the world taking money from dictatorships blacklisted by the United States in order to benefit his friends minerals business. Do we really want to sit there and watch a Hillary Clinton confirmation hearing with an angry Republican base just dying for something to use to tear down Obama?

I don't care if she's qualified. Politically, it looks good on the outside, but the execution of it leaves me wondering. Are we ever going to move beyond this sort of gotcha politics? I just don't see how she sails smoothly through the nomination process. Who the hell knows what else is lurking out there? I assume Team Obama will find it before the GOP.

Sadly, the thought of Hillary as Secretary of State is more appealing to me than John Kerry. That makes my stomach hurt even worse and it's just purely because I don't like the guy. Can't we bring back Colin Powell or something? How about Chuck Hagel? Jim Baker? That would be a real Team of Rivals.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus